ALTITUDE TRAINING SOLUTIONS
RTO No: 40823
AHC20416 CERTIFICATE ll IN HORTICULTURE
Horticulture in Australia
Horticulture in Australia is a multi-billion dollar industry that employs around 55,000 people.
Horticulture is a branch of agriculture. It involves cultivating, growing, maintaining and harvesting fruits, vegetables, seeds, nuts, trees, flowers and other plants. Horticulture mainly involves producing food for consumption and growing plants for medicinal, recreational or aesthetic purposes.
Jobs in horticulture include:
· Nursery worker
· Plant pathologist
· Horticulture consultant
· Plant care worker
· Horticulture technician
· Ornamental horticulturist
· Parks and gardens assistant
The CII in Horticulture is a nationally accredited course.
To qualify for a CII in Horticulture a student must successfully complete:
1. 5 Core Units
2. 10 elective units
· AHCPCM201 Recognise plants
· AHCPMG201 Treat weeds
· AHCPMG202 Treat plant pests, diseases and disorders
· AHCSOL202 Assist with soil or growing media sampling and testing
· AHCWHS201 Participate in work health and safety processes
Elective units offered by Altitude Training Solutions:
· AHCNSY201 Pot up plants
· AHCNSY202 Care for Nursery Plants
· AHCNSY203 Undertake propagation activities
· AHCPGD201 Plant trees and shrubs
· AHCPGD203 Prune shrubs and small trees
· AHCWRK205 Participate in workplace communications
· AHCWRK209 Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
· AHCCHM201 Apply chemicals under supervision
· AHCWRK204 Work effectively in the industry
· FSKLRG006 Participate in Work Placement
On successful completion of this course, a students will receive a Certificate II in Horticulture.
If a student successfully completes some, however not all, of the units in this course they will receive a Statement of Attainment for those units.
The duration of the above course is 415 hours. This is usually delivered on a part-time basis. For example, 2 days a week for 33 weeks.
Language and literacy skills at a level needed to successfully undertake a Certificate II course.
Physically able to undertake activities in the field, with reasonable adjustment where appropriate.
Opportunities for Further Study
Students can choose to undertake further studies on completion of this course. Examples include:
AHC30716 CIII in Horticulture
AHC40416 CIV in Horticulture
AHC31416 CIII in Conservation and Land Management
Please note, Altitude Training Solutions does not offer the above courses.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
If you have any questions about this course, please call us on 1800 562 728